Welcome to “Capture Swaffham”
Fifty years ago, Mr Kendle started to put together a photographic history of Swaffham.
A book was published, with all the original photographs being donated to the Town’s museum.
Part of Swaffham Rotary’s 50 year’s celebration is to bring that collection up to date and this is when everyone can take part and create tomorrow’s history!
To do so, Swaffham Rotary are running a free entry photographic competition, open to all, to capture the essence of Swaffham, the characters, the events and places, the architecture and the shops.
- The subject of any entry must be relevant to and reflect the life, activities, history, people of Swaffham
- Quarterly competition with the winners published in the Rotary section of the Swaffham Newsletter
- A maximum of 2 entries per 3 months per person which can either be digital or print format
- The entry form must be fully completed and readable
- Parent/Guardian approval is needed for all entrants under 18 years old
- All entries must be Still Photography, and taken with a camera, (film or digital), phone, polaroid – No videos will be accepted as part of this competition
- The entries can be Black & White or Colour
- Print size: Minimum 4”x2” (100mm x 150mm); Maximum 10”x 12” (250mm x 300mm)
- Prints must be mounted on board which will be no bigger than 30cm x 40cm.
- Digital sizes: 1900 pixels x 1200 pixels; file size no greater than 2MB in JPEG format
- Prints or digital entries via SD card or similar can be submitted at the Swaffham Museum in an envelope clearly marked “Capture Swaffham” and the competition quarter. Ensure the envelope is sealed. The Capture Committee is not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Digital entries can be submitted by sending an attached file via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The files must not be embedded in the email but as an attached file with full meta data retained. The email must be clearly entitled “Capture Swaffham”
- The photograph must have been taken within the 6 months prior to its submission
- There is no entry fee.
- Quarterly winners may be asked that their entries be used and included in any future publicity or commercial art work (such as calendars, postcards etc)
- Entry by the end of the Quarter (March, June, September, December) of the Quarters’ competition; results by the 15th of the following month and published in the Swaffham Newsletter and on the Swaffham Rotary Website.
- Entry forms are available at Ceres Bookshop, Swaffham Town Museum & can be downloaded here
- The Capture Swaffham Committee will judge the submissions and they reserve the right to refuse entry without explanation.
The submission dates are by the:
- 31st March 2019
- 30th June 2019
- 30th September 2019
- 31st December 2019
With a Final Exhibition 31st March 2020 (venue to be confirmed)